The Gumball Guy puts in a quarter to get a Gumball. The quarter is what provokes you to give him attention. The Gumball is any flavor of attention that brings the focus back to him.
Example: “Send a Pic” is the quarter. The Pic is the Gumball. Gumball Guys learn what quarters they need to put in to get the flavor of attention they are seeking. Without knowing knowing this concept I used to think sending pics was sharing and getting to know each other. I later discovered I was providing entertainment.
Once you can identify this behavior it will be so much easier to filter out the guys who are simply looking for someone to send them pics, text all day and waste your time. You will filter them out or as we say in Gumball Love, #FilterLikeAFreak.
Listed below are tons of different symptoms of Gumball Guys. Some Gumball Guys are not as obvious but the one thing they usually cannot hide is inconsistency.
He comes on really strong
- Sends a penis pic
- Brings up sex right away
- Says, “Send me a Pic.”
- You send a pic and he wants another and another
- Compliments you from the neck down early on
- He pulls away and then comes back
- He’s hot and cold
- He’s unstable
- He makes fun of you in a joking way but it still stings
- He doesn’t invest in your friends or family
- He doesn’t have many friends
- He doesn’t want to talk about things that do not pertain to him
- You are afraid to bring up things that bother you
- He threatens to leave when challenged
- Everything is your fault
- You constantly feel like you are never enough
- He talks to other girls
- Even when he’s wrong, it’s somehow your fault
- He is easily bored
- He isn’t your friend
Are you noticing any that aren’t on the list? Join our Private Facebook group at the top of my Facebook Like Page! www.Facebook.com/CoachMelissaLeger
Or You can email me: Melissa@GumballLove.com